Handmade Dried Flower Card Made with a Calendula Flower
Baby Shower Gift Ideas. Homemade and Inexpensive!
A handmade dried flower greeting card. Do you have a dried flower and not sure what to do with it?
Here's a pressed flower project to make with a dried yellow Calendula flower. A pressed flower makes a beautiful greeting card.
Dried and pressed flowers make great pressed flower projects. Card making is so much fun and this card is easy to make.
Creating cards from dried and pressed flowers definitely make
special greeting cards, and that's a gift in itself. A lot better than any store bought greeting cards you can buy.
handmade card making ideas have become very popular, creating all kinds of
great greeting cards. Fancy ones and plain ones from scrap pieces of paper or
other bits of materials, it's amazing what you can design when making handmade dried flower cards.
A handmade dried flower card. Have you ever thought of card making ideas that are made from
Cards like this one are gifts your friends can make framed pictures from.
This card you see on the right, I made for a family member of mine, it was their birthday and I totally forgot about it and the shops where closed.
I wanted a birthday card that was different from the store
bought cards but was quick to make, so I made this card.
Card making ideas is so
much fun and creates the best gifts.
The handmade dried flower card above is made from one dried yellow Calendula flower. I picked the flower from my garden and dried and pressed the Calendula flower in between the pages of a book.
Below are step-by-step instructions for how to make this card.
How to Make a Handmade Dried Flower Card
Pressed flower projects like this one, card making ideas, are perfect not just for birthdays, but they go well with a thank you gift basket, get well gift basket, or Mother's Day gift basket.
Things You Need for a Handmade Dried Flower Card:
- 2 colored sheets of card-stock and a contrasting piece of card for the pot.
- A piece of white paper. For inside the card.
- A pressed flower. Any pressed flower of your chose.
- Spray adhesive. For spraying the Calendula flower petals.
- Tweezers. For picking up the delicate petals.
- 4 crayons, green, black, yellow and orange. (Can be any color)
- 2 rubber stamps. One with greeting words and the other a flower rubber stamp.
- I cut a piece of white card-stock measuring 6 inches by 12 inches (15.2 cm by 30.5 cm). When folded in half it measures 6 inches square (15.2 cm square)
- I cut a piece of light blue card-stock 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) smaller than the white card-stock.
- To make the corners smooth looking on the blue card-stock I used a hole puncher for round edges.
- I glued the two card-stocks together.
- I lightly sprayed the back of the flower. I got my tweezers and lifted the flower and place it onto the card-stock.
- Dried flowers are very delicate, so it's best to use tweezers when lifting the flowers. Every time I lifted this flower some petals fell off, but not to worry.
- To glue any dried flowers to card-stock you have to use a spray adhesive, available at craft stores. One can will last you a long time, so buy a good one.
- When spraying your flower protect the surface underneath with a big piece of paper or plastic because it does tend to spray a lot.
- With the petals that fall off, I sprayed all of them with glue and filled in the flower to make it look whole. ( if you know what I mean)
- For the stem I just drew a wiggly stem with a green crayon.
- For the pot I cut a piece of patterned paper and marked the edges with black marker pen to give it an outline.
How to Make the Inside of a Card
The inside of a card can also look good. For this I.......
- ....cut a piece of white paper, 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) smaller than the card. I glued the center of the card and the paper and stuck both together.
- I got two stamps, one with words saying, "just for you" and the other one a with a flower, similar in shape to the dried flower on the front of the card.
- For the flower stamp I colored the petals in with yellow and orange crayons.
How to Make an Envelope
It's nice to have a pretty envelope when making a handmade dried flower card, and this envelope I think goes well with the card above.
This envelope looks simple and fresh and it's very easy to make.
Front of envelope.
Back of envelope.
All You Need is:
- 1 envelope. This
will be your template for the envelope you will make.
- 1 sheet of letter size paper.
- Scissors. Decorative and plain.
- Rubber stamps. To decorate the envelope.
- Crayons. To color in the rubber stamp flower.
- To make the envelope, unfold the ready-made envelope.
- Place your greeting card onto the white paper and draw around the card.
- Take the ready-made envelope and draw a line around one side 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) bigger than the square you drew. Draw around the flaps making them longer if necessary. Do this to all three side. Top, left and right sides.
- For the bottom of the envelope you will notice the paper is too short; don't worry, make a 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) flap.
- Fold the four sides inwards (top, bottom, left and right)
- Take a piece of white paper and measure the back of the envelope, leaving 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) from the top. Take a round corner hole puncher and punch the corners.
- Glue the three edges of the paper to the back of the envelope.
- At this stage you can leave the envelope as is, plain or like I did decorate the front and back.
- For the front take the flower rubber stamp and stamp the left corner of the envelope (not the right side, that's where the stamp goes if sending it by post) then color it in with the crayons.
- For the back, take the flower rubber stamp and stamp the envelope then color it in with the crayons. Take the decorative scissors and cut the edge of the top flap.
Next time you forget to buy a card think about making your own pressed flower projects. Card making ideas is fun, easy and very inexpensive to do.
Do You Make Your Own Greeting Cards?
What kind of cards do you make? I would love to hear what you do.
Top of Page
Things of Interesting
E greeting cards and poems. A great selection of unforgettable E cards and poems. Send a birthday message, happy birthday poems and more.
"Looking for that extra special touch... Short sweet love poems are a wonderful way to show someone how much you care."
How to Make a Birthday Card From Dried Pansies
Gift Tags From Recycled Greeting Cards
Easy to Make Gift Tags
Thank You Gift Baskets
Return From Handmade Dried Flower Page to Homepage