How To Use Shrink Wrap? It's easy. Let me show you great gift wrapping ideas.
Heat shrink wrap cellophane looks like ordinary transparent cellophane that comes on a roll, but when you touch it, it feels a little bit thicker than the clear gift basket cellophane. It's easy to use and makes the gifts stay in their place.
Below, I have used a fresh fruit gift basket as an example how to use shrink
to wrap a gift basket. This applies to any basket you wish to use for
heat shrink wrap. It could be a spa gift basket, a baby gift basket or a
food hamper. Just change the filler and the items to suite your theme.
To cover a gift basket using heat shrink wrap, (make sure it says "shrink wrap" on the roll otherwise it will not work) follow the easy step by step instructions below.
1. The basket you will be using with your items nicely arranged inside.
2. 1 Roll of shrink wrap .
3. Clear wide adhesive tape. (the one used for packing parcels)
5. Hair dryer
Line the basket with some filler. I used 1 bag of (4oz/113.3g) of green crinkled paper.
1. Measure the shrink wrap film from underneath the basket, over the top, to the underneath again, with a little extra, and cut.
2. Start wrapping the basket with shrink wrap. The join of the shrink wrap should be underneath the basket. Secure the shrink wrap underneath the basket with tape, so it is not visible.
3. Get your hair dryer and start blow drying the shrink wrap on
the hot setting. Do not hold the hair dryer to close to the cellophane
because it will melt.
The end result should be a tight but smooth looking cellophane.
I hope this page makes it easy for you to understand how to use shrink
wrap. Enjoy creating great homemade gift basket ideas and I look forward
to seeing you again soon.
Do you have any good or different ideas for gift wrapping gift baskets that you would like to share? I would love to hear your ideas. Feel free to go to my contact me page and submit your ideas and tips on wrapping baskets.