How to Use Shrink Wrap for Your Homemade Gift Baskets
How To Use Shrink Wrap? It's easy. Let me show you great gift wrapping ideas.
Gift wrapping a gift basket with
shrink wrap makes the basket look professorial and no one will ever know you made it yourself.
Shrink wrap is another kind of
cellophane that can be used for wrapping homemade gift basket ideas. It works by applying heat to the cellophane and that's what makes it shrink.
Heat shrink wrap cellophane looks like ordinary transparent cellophane that comes on a
roll, but when you touch it, it feels a little bit thicker than the
clear gift basket cellophane. It's easy to use and makes the gifts stay in their place.
Below, I have used a fresh fruit gift basket as an example how to use shrink wrap
to wrap a gift basket. This applies to any basket you wish to use for
heat shrink wrap. It could be a spa gift basket, a baby gift basket or a
food hamper. Just change the filler and the items to suit your theme.
To cover a gift basket using heat shrink wrap, (make sure it says "shrink wrap" on the roll otherwise it will not work)
follow the easy step-by-step instructions below.
How to use Shrink Wrap
The gift basket below is made from a selection of fruit: a pineapple, oranges, apples, kiwis and apricots. A good idea is to choose fruit a little under ripe because the fruit will not be eaten right away.
Things You Will Need:
- The basket you will be using with your items nicely arranged inside.
- 1 Roll of shrink wrap.
- Clear wide adhesive tape. (the one used for packing parcels)
- Hair dryer
How to Use Shrink Wrap:
- Line the basket with some kind of filler. I used 1 bag (4oz/113.3g) of green crinkled paper.
- Pull the crinkled paper apart so it's light and airy. Arrange your chosen fruit, the heavy fruit in the middle at the back.
- Measure the shrink wrap film from underneath the basket, over the top, to the underneath again, with a little extra, and cut.
- Start wrapping the basket with shrink wrap. The join of the
shrink wrap should be underneath the basket. Secure the shrink wrap
underneath the basket with tape, so it is not visible.
- Get your hair dryer and start blow drying the shrink wrap on
the hot setting. Do not hold the hair dryer too close to the cellophane
because it will melt.
- As the shrink wrap gets hot you can see it start to tighten. Keep turning the basket round as you do this, and be careful not to melt the cellophane.
- The end result should be a tight but smooth looking cellophane.
- You can stick a bow to the front of the basket or leave as is.
This gift basket would make an excellent get well basket. Don't forget to add a get well card or gift tag to make the gift basket complete.
Enjoy creating great homemade gift basket ideas and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Not what your looking for?
Search the web for more great gift wrapping ideas.
Top of Page
Return From How to Use Shrink Wrap to Homemade Gift Basket Ideas
Gift Wrapping Techniques