Baby Shower Card Idea
How to Make the Best Baby Card for a
A baby shower card to make for a friend. Going to a baby shower and don't have a card?
Make this one! With these easy instructions you can't wrong. Make the best handmade baby girl card for a friends baby shower.
Is a friend of yours having a baby shower and you want to
give a different and personalized greeting card and gift tag to go with your special baby gift basket?
Well, take a look how easy this handmade baby girl card is to make.
There are lots of nice baby shower cards in the stores but, making one yourself is extra special.
I don't know about you, but
I have kept all my baby shower cards. And if you hand make your baby greeting card I am sure your friend will keep it forever.
This special handmade card for a baby shower and gift tag below, would go perfect with a personalized baby gift basket. Filled with lots of affordable and wonderful gifts.
How to make a handmade baby card for the birth of your friends new arrival? Follow these easy step-by-step instructions below.
How to Make a Baby Shower Card for a Girl
This baby card idea was easy to make. I started by making this baby card with one of those envelopes that was lying
around the house, you know that envelope, we all have those hidden in the back of the draw. Somehow the card went missing. So I put the envelope to good use.
I am not all that good at drawing so I tend to stick to things I can glue, punch, cut or print. This baby shower card is one of those greeting cards.
- Measure your envelope, mine is a ready-made envelope. The envelope measures 7 inches by 5 1/4 inches (18.4 cm by 13.3 cm) A-7 envelope.
- Cut a piece of pink card-stock measuring 9 3/4 inches by 7 inches (24.8 cm cm by 17.8 cm). When the card is folded in half it should be 1/4 inch (0.6 cm) smaller than the envelope. This will make a snug fit.
- The decoration I used are paper flowers with colored stones in the middle. Glue them to the top and right hand side of the card. Starting with big flowers and ending with smaller flowers.
- Cut green paper for the grass. I glued a piece of ribbon on the left-hand side of the card.
- The stroller and the letters are peel off and stick. Pretty easy don't you think?
- For the 4 corners of the card-stock I used a puncher to make the card look softer.
The inside of the baby shower card:
A greeting card looks nice when a friend opens it and see's a lovely verse and a picture.
- For the inside print a picture and a few appropriate words. I colored the picture with crayons to make it more colorful.
- Cut the white paper so it measures 1/2 inch (1.3 cm) smaller than the pink card.
- I have glued four of the same paper flowers as on the front of the card, around the printed picture to make it look pretty.
- I used a corner puncher to make the corners look soft.
- Put glue down the spine of the card-stock and down the back of the white paper. I have carefully glued the two together, making sure the white paper is center.
A nice personal touch to a handmade baby card is to buy a rubber stamp or make some kind of sticker with "handmade by" printed on it and stick it to the back of the card at the bottom, and sigh and date it.
How to Make a Baby Gift Tag
This gift tag is perfect attached to a baby gift basket, filled with lots of fun baby things. You can use it on it's own or with the handmade baby card above.
- Print the picture off the computer and cut around it.
- Color in the black with a black marker and color in the rest with a pink crayon. This makes it stand out more and gives it more color.
- Glue a paper flower to the stroller and glue two googly eyes to the wheels.
- Glue the stroller to a piece of pink card-stock and cut it out.
- I used a hole puncher to make a hole and threaded a pink ribbon through the hole.
How to Decorate a Ready-Made Envelope
Why give a plain envelope when you can decorate it and make it unique.
Whether you send it by post or hand deliver your handmade card for a baby shower, make it look pretty by adding one small picture.
To make this envelope match the baby card above.
First, I printed the picture onto some paper and measured it against the envelope to see if it fits.
Once it was the right size I printed it onto the envelope and colored it in, as I did for the inside of the baby card.
And there you have an easy to make handmade baby girl card, baby gift tag and envelope.
I am sure your friend will keep this beautiful handmade baby card as a keepsake, you could call it one of many, 'unique baby gifts', because it's one of a kind and made by you.
Do You Make Your Own Greeting Cards?
What kind of handmade card ideas do you make? I would love to hear your stories, ideas or tips for making greeting cards. Go to my contact me page and share your ideas with me and others.
Top of Page
Before you go! Click the like button if you like what you've seen, (top of page) or go to my contact page and write a comment. Thank you kindly!
Things of Interest
Baby Gift Baskets
How to Make Envelopes
Recycle Greeting Cards into Gift Tags
Thank You Card Make From Dried Pansies
Follow me on Facebook and see what's going on.
Return from Baby Shower Card to Homepage