A Birthday Card Greeting
Quick and Easy to Make Using Your Computer
Birthday card greeting for a friend that is quick and easy. Not good at drawing? Take a look how to make an easy handmade birthday card using your computer.
Making your own greeting cards is not about saving money, it's about making a special personalized handmade birthday card for your family or friends special day.
Make a special birthday card your family or friends will love.
Nowadays it's all e-cards, text messages or email greetings.
Why not create a greeting card and send it by post or hand deliver it?
Don't worry if you are not good at drawing, designing or thinking of ideas how to make your own greeting cards. The design above was all done on the computer, it's very easy to do just choose your design and away you go. A birthday card greeting.
Below are easy step-by-step instructions on how to make the above birthday card, gift tag and envelope.
How to Decorate a Ready-made Envelope
Start by making this greeting card with the envelope; it's one of those envelopes that was lying around so I put it to good use.
I chose this design because I think it looks simple and can be used for different occasions.
- First off, I printed the design onto a piece of paper and measured it against the envelope; I had to do this a few times before it fit.
- When it fits the size of the envelope, print it onto the envelope. As you can see it's not a perfect fit but it doesn't have to be perfect.
- Leave plenty of space in the middle to write the address.
How to Make a Birthday Card
This card is ideal for birthday's,
babies or Father's day and goes great with a homemade gift basket idea.
change the colors and wording to suit the occasion!
How to Create a Birthday Card Greeting
- Measure the envelope first then cut some white card-stock 1/4 smaller than the envelope.
- The white card-stock measures 7 inches by 10 1/2 inches ( 17.8 cm by 26.7 cm.) When folded in half the card-stock measures 7 inches by 5 1/4 inches ( 17.8cm by 13.3 cm.) Making the card a nice fit.
- Cut a piece of blue card-stock measuring 4 1/4 inches by 6 1/4 inches (10.8 cm by 15.9 cm.)
- Cut the edges with decorative scissors. Any kind of decorative scissors will do. Then glue it to the card leaving an even boarder all around.
- I printed a smaller version of the design onto paper with a colored broader adding circles to the bottom right and cut it out. You can hand-write or print some wording.
- Then, glue it to the card.
How to Make a Gift Tag
This gift tag can be used with the card above or on its own. It makes a great gift tag for any homemade gift basket ideas.
- Cut a piece of blue card-stock measuring 2 1/2 inches by 4 1/2 inches (6.4 cm by 11.4 cm) and used decorative scissors to cut it out.
- Print the same design as above but smaller adding birthday wishes.
- Glue the two together and use a hole puncher to make a hole in the top left corner. Afterwards, thread a piece of white ribbon through the hole.
Make your own greeting cards. A handmade birthday card makes fabulous gifts. So give it a go and create all kinds of great designs on your computer.
Do You Make Your Own Greeting Cards?
I would love to hear your stories, ideas or tips for making gift baskets. Go to my contact me page and share your ideas with me and others.
Top of Page
Before you go! Click the like button if you like what you've seen, (top of page) or go to my contact page and write a comment. Thank you kindly!
Things of Interest
How to Make Envelopes
Recycling Christmas Cards
Birthday Gift basket Ideas
Follow me on Facebook and see what's going on.
Return from Birthday Card Greeting to Homepage